Peter D.A. Martin
Areas of Practice
Peter has practiced corporate and commercial law for more than 25 years and is acknowledged as one of the leading corporate lawyers in Bermuda. Peter has a broad range of experience, particularly in the areas of secured lending, business acquisitions and shipping.
After qualifying in England in 1983, Peter was called to the Bermuda Bar in 1984. Following a period in the Attorney General’s Chambers as a junior parliamentary counsel and legal advisor to the Ministry of Finance and Bermuda Monetary Authority, Peter left Bermuda to work in-house for Deutsche Bank AG in Hamburg and London.
Peter has been active in legislative reform for many years and is a member of the Bermuda Development Agency’s Shipping Working Group.
Peter takes an active interest in human rights and rule of law issues. He has completed a masters degree at the Centre for the Study of Human Rights at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Bar and Court Admissions
Peter was called to the Bar of England & Wales (Gray’s Inn) in 1983 and was called to the Bermuda Bar in 1984.
- MSc. (Human Rights) London School of Economics and Political Science (London, England), 2006
- Inns of Court School of Law, (London, England) 1983
- LL.B. (Hons), University of Manchester, (Manchester, England), 1977
- Practical Law Company – Lending and Taking Security in Bermuda – 2016/17 – View
- Getting the Deal Through – Mergers & Acquisitions – Bermuda Chapter – 2016 – View
- Practical Law Company – Public Mergers and Acquisitions in Bermuda: An Overview 2016 – View
- Getting the Deal Through – Mergers & Acquisitions (2015) – View
- Practical Law Company – Lending and taking security in Bermuda: Overview (2014) – View
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions 2015 Edition – View
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions 2014 Edition – View
- Practical Law Company Multi-Jurisdictional Guide to Dispute Resolution, Private Client and Finance – View
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Alternative Investment Funds 2014 Edition – View
- Getting the Deal Through – Mergers & Acquisitions 2014 – View
- “Shareholders: Majority Rule and Minority Rights under Bermuda Law” In Kawaley, IRC Offshore Commercial Law in Bermuda (2013) – View
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions 2016 – Bermuda Chapter – View
- Peter is a regular contributor to the Bermuda Law Blog