Attorneys at MJM Limited demonstrate their civic duty by serving the community on several government boards. The boards on which our attorneys now serve represent a broad sector of the community and governmental function. Recent appointments are as follows:
- Bermuda Psychologists Registration Board
- Employment tribunal (Alan Dunch)
- Fire Services Advisory Board (Alan Dunch)
- Bermuda Copyright Tribunal (Peter Martin)
- Bermuda Fire Services Advisory Board (Alan Dunch)
- Bermuda Housing Trust (John Barritt)
MJM is proud of its continued commitment to civic duty and encourages its attorneys to serve the community whenever possible.
Legislative Change Initiatives
Various practice leaders are instrumental in developing and drafting legislative change to enhance Bermuda’s offshore legal infrastructure.
- Bermuda Business Development Agency (BBDA): Legislative change proposals (Attorney: Andrew Martin)
- Bermuda Business Development Agency Trust & Private Client Group Executive (Attorney: Fozeia Rana-Fahy leads the group)
- Companies Law Amendment: land holding powers for companies (Attorney: Andrew Martin)
- Seniors Advisory Council of the Ministry of Health, Seniors and Environment (Attorney: Jane Collis from 2015 to 2017)
- Bermuda’s Labour Laws (MJM Director Alan Dunch was selected to Chair the Committee)
- Bermuda Casino/Gaming Laws (MJM Director Alan Dunch was Chair of the Bermuda Casino Gaming Commission from February 2015 to December 2017)