21 May De Waal Nigrini
De Waal Nigrini
Areas of Practice
De Waal is a paralegal in the Corporate and Finance practice and joined MJM Limited in May 2019. De Waal’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial law, banking and finance and mergers and acquisitions and he specializes in drafting all manner of corporate and commercial agreements.
After completing his articles of clerkship at a magic circle law firm in South Africa, De Waal was offered and accepted a position as an Associate in the Corporate Commercial Department. De Waal was admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa in 2017 and was exposed to and gained extensive experience in corporate commercial law, banking and finance and financial services. De Waal’s main duty was to support the Corporate Commercial Department by drafting all manner of commercial agreements, researching and drafting legal opinions, attending to company secretariat duties and trust administration and conducting due diligence investigations.
- Member, Law Society of South Africa
- High Court of South Africa, 2017
- School for Legal Practice, LeadSA, South Africa, 2016
- LLB, University of Stellenbosch (South Africa), 2014
- BComm (Hons.) Logistics Management, University of Stellenbosch (South Africa), 2011
- BComm in Management Science majoring in Financial Accounting and Logistics Management, University of Stellenbosch (South Africa), 2010
- Without Prejudice Magazine – Selling Mary Jane 2018
- Without Prejudice Magazine – Expert, Expert, Read All About It! 2017
- Without Prejudice Magazine – Small Fleas and Big Dogs: Record Date for Determining Shareholder Rights 2016
- De Waal is a regular contributor to the Bermuda Law Blog