07 Dec Mike Goulborn
Areas of Practice
Mike Goulborn’s expertise includes trust and contentious probate disputes (he represented two of the plaintiffs in the Alhamrani litigation, which remains Jersey’s longest-running civil trial), and he also has experience of a wide range of contractual and commercial disputes, regulatory investigations, compliance and connected non-contentious advice.
Mike qualified in the City of London, working with the forerunners of global U.S. firms Reed Smith and K&L Gates before moving to Jersey, where he gained invaluable experience with leading offshore firms Ogier and Carey Olsen. Mike also spent some time outside legal practice as a director of an independent Jersey-based trust and corporate service provider.
- Solicitor, Superior Courts of England and Wales, 1992
- Advocate, Royal Court of Jersey, 2004 (non-practising)
- University of Cambridge BA (Law) 1989, MA 1993
- College of Law (Chancery Lane) Law Society Finals (1990)
- Citywealth Leaders List – Contentious Trusts
- Chancery Bar Association (overseas member)