06 Dec Tim Molton
Areas of Practice
Tim Molton has a broad practice as an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Team. He advises commercial clients and high net worth individuals on a wide range of matters, having particular experience in the fields of contentious trusts, fraud and asset-tracing, cross-border enforcement, insolvency, financial regulation and employment law matters.
Highlights of Tim’s experience include:
- acting for the joint liquidators of BVI companies in large-scale contentious trust proceedings and ancillary applications (Investec Trust (Guernsey) Limited and Another v Glenalla Properties Limited and Others);
- acting for multiple beneficiaries of a trust holding a multi-billion dollar trading business and a property portfolio worth in excess of £100 million in a highly sensitive Public Trustee v Cooper application regarding a beneficiary’s separation from the trust;
- acting for a Guernsey corporate trustee and its directors in defending multiple claims to the value of around £30 million;
- acting for English trustees in bankruptcy in various applications before the Guernsey court, including a Public Trustee v Cooper application brought by the trustees of a Guernsey Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme; and
- acting for PricewaterhouseCoopers in the administration of Stanley Gibbons (Guernsey) Limited, and for the administrators and liquidators of J & P Overseas Limited, two of Guernsey’s largest insolvency and restructuring cases.
Prior to joining MJM, Tim worked for firms in the UK, Australia and most recently the Channel Islands.
- Affiliate Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member, INSOL
- The Senior Courts of England and Wales, 2012
- The Supreme Court of Victoria, 2017
- LLB (Hons), University of Leeds (England), 2005
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School (Leeds, England), 2008
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Business Law, University of Liverpool (England) 2014
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes (2016)
- Oxford University Fintech Course (2019)
- International Best Practices Survey: Channel Islands
- Dispute Resolution, Guernsey (Lawyer Monthly Magazine, December 2015)
- Contributor to ‘The AI Book’ by Fintech Circle, 2020