18 Feb Teressa Macbeth
Areas of Practice
Teressa Macbeth is a Senior Associate in the corporate practise group at MJM Limited. She has an extensive level of experience in global finance and commercial real estate matters including, banking, European property funds, sales and leasebacks, cross-border project financing with an emphasis on project and trade finance and asset backed financing within the shipping sector. Her practice includes acting for multinational financial institutions, public and privately owned companies, high net worth individuals and asset managers and alternate lenders on complex, multidisciplinary financings. Recently she has represented Dame Ellen MacArthur implementing systemic circular economy initiatives within a number of Fortune 500 companies including the completion of a partnership with BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager for the launch of BlackRock’s first circular economy thematic fund.
Prior to joining MJM, Teressa worked for SJ Berwin LLP, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP and the Ellen MacArthur Foundation in the United Kingdom and Wakefield Quin in Bermuda.
- Member New Zealand Law Society
- Member of UK Charities Commission
- Barrister – High Court of New Zealand, 2004
- Solicitor – High Court of New Zealand, 2004
- Solicitor – England and Wales, 2008
- LLB, University of Auckland (New Zealand), 2003
- QLTS, BPP University Law School (London) 2007