Information Services Manager
Agathe manages the firm’s library and information centre, provides legal research and reference services and delivers training in the use of print and online resources to the firm’s attorneys and pupils. She also coordinates the firm’s marketing and public relations programme, leads the design and development of the firm website, Bermuda Law Blog and MJM Quarterly Newsletter and oversees IT operations.
Prior to joining MJM, Agathe served as a law librarian at Lawson Lundell LLP, a leading western Canadian business law firm located in Vancouver, Canada, where she provided legal, business and legislative reference services to lawyers and staff in three offices (Vancouver, Yellowknife and Calgary). During her career she has worked in various other libraries including the New Westminster Public Library, Vancouver Public Library, Health Canada Departmental Library in Ottawa and the Asia Research Institute in Singapore. She also completed a practicum at the United Nations Dag Hammarskjöld Library and Knowledge Sharing Centre in New York City.
Agathe served on the Executive Board of the Vancouver Association of Law Libraries from 2009–2011. She is a member of the British and Irish Association of Law Librarians (BIALL), Canadian Association of Law Libraries (CALL) and the Special Libraries Association (SLA).
- Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS), University of British Columbia, (British Columbia, Canada), 2009
- Bachelor of Arts, Simon Fraser University, (British Columbia, Canada), 2004
- Certificate in Legal Research on the Web, The iSchool Institute, (Ontario, Canada), 2011
- Canadian Securities Course, CSI Global Education Inc., (Canada), 2011
- Agathe is a regular contributor to the Bermuda Law Blog