Attorneys at MJM Limited demonstrate their civic duty by serving the community on several government boards. The boards on which our attorneys now serve represent a broad sector of the community and governmental function. Recent appointments are as follows:
- Bermuda Psychologists Registration Board (Honor Desmond-Tetlow)
- Employment tribunal (Alan Dunch)
- Fire Services Advisory Board (Alan Dunch)
- Bermuda Copyright Tribunal (Peter Martin, Louise Charleson)
- Bermuda Fire Services Advisory Board (Alan Dunch)
- Bermuda Gaming Commission (Alan Dunch)
MJM is proud of its continued commitment to civic duty and encourages its attorneys to serve the community whenever possible.
Legislative Change Initiatives
Various practice leaders are instrumental in developing and drafting legislative change to enhance Bermuda’s offshore legal infrastructure.
- Bermuda Business Development Agency (BBDA): Legislative change proposals (Attorney: Andrew Martin)
- Bermuda Business Development Agency Trust & Private Client Group Executive (Attorney: Fozeia Rana-Fahy leads the group)
- Companies Law Amendment: land holding powers for companies (Attorney: Andrew Martin)
- Bermuda’s Labour Laws (MJM Director Alan Dunch was selected to Chair the Committee)
- Bermuda Casino/Gaming Laws (MJM Director Alan Dunch was selected to Chair the Bermuda Casino Gaming Commission)
- Law Reform Committee – Reviewing legislation relating to finance abuse of seniors (Attorney: Jane Collis)